About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weeks Fifteen-Seventeen

My apologies for being MIA......I'm still here, I'm still losing....just been buried under holiday preparations and errands as well as starting a new job!

I am now down to 206.8, which is another 1.6 pounds since I last blogged. I am still staying under my 15 grams of sugar per day, however, I haven't been counting my carb servings. While I am not out there totally blowing it, I am also not make a conscious effort to count them. I am still experimenting and trying new veggies at dinner, but my salad consumption has gone way down and I haven't been tracking my fiber intake. My weight loss has held steady at around 1/2 pound per week.  I've also lost another inch on my waist, so I am now down to 5 inches lost on my waist. Even though the scale isn't moving as quickly as it was, I continue to see a difference in the way all my clothes fit......it's all so much looser :-)

Thanksgiving was not an issue.....I loaded up on turkey and veggies, then just took one spoonful of everything else that I like. It was exactly enough to satisfy me and I didn't feel like I was being deprived. To make it through Christmas without gobbling down every sweet treat I see or make, I've been allowing myself to drink diet soda. Having the diet soda is such a treat, that I am satisfied and don't feel like I need any cookies, etc. I'll go off the diet soda again once we are through the holidays.

Last week, we had different roasted squash with dinner....acorn, butternut and spaghetti squash. It is so, so yummy and I am amazed when the kids rave about it. This week I've loaded up on some "A" veggies to try.....asparagus and artichoke. If you have a favorite method for preparing either of those, let me know!!

Also, my job requires that I am out and about for most of the day calling on stores (I'm a retail merchandiser) and I spend alot of my time in the car......any suggestions for quick, easy BFC lunches I can pack to eat on the road???

I hope to blog again on Tuesday to get back on schedule here, but if you don't hear from me - never fear, I am still here and plodding along with the weight loss.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all - Namaste!  Susan

3 comments:

  1. Susan glad you had some time to post. I always miss reading everyones blogs but it understandable this time of year. That is going to be my new year goal to get some more veggies into my diet. I lack in that area. I am glad to see that you are still going strong. Do you have a cooler that you could keep you lunches cool? I always have some kind of sandwich using the whole wheat tortilla. Also for snack I eat pumpkin seeds, cheese strings or boiled eggs. Salads are always easy to take in a large zip lock bag and just pour some dressing in when you are ready to eat and shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! It's good to hear from you again. I've been losing about half a pound a week lately as well. But, those half pounds add up. :) Good for you!

    Here are some ideas that I shared with Lindsay recently. Maybe some of them would be helpful to you as well.

    Here are some quick ideas that I hope will help, if nothing else, to at least give you some ideas that will work for you.

    Any of these foods you can put in an insulated lunch bag so that you can have it with you when you're on the go and don't want to be tempted to grab fast food. All of it can be prepared the night before so that you can just grab it out of the fridge when you need to go.

    *boiled eggs that have already been peeled

    *celery with peanut butter or cream cheese

    *egg "muffins" (can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Egg-Muffins/Detail.aspx . Here is another recipe for egg "muffins":
    •1-10 ounce package of defrosted, chopped spinach
    •3 eggs
    •3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheese
    •1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
    •1/4 cup diced onions
    •A few drops of hot sauce (optional)
    Simply combine the ingredients and stir together, pouring evenly into 12 foil baking cups that have been prepared with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

    On days when you have more time, such as the weekends, you can prepare eggs scrambled (or as you prefer them) with a side of sausage and bacon, or use them in a variety of dishes including omelets and frittatas, which incorporate healthy, low carb vegetables such as tomatoes, peppers, spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, and onions.

    *plain yogurt or cottage cheese, sweetened by you if desired, with low sugar berries

    *protein shake (with our w/o peanut butter)

    *breakfast burrito (scramble your eggs the night before and then put it in a low carb tortilla with some cheese in the morning and heat it up in the microwave...off you go)

    Here are a few quick ideas that you don't need to prepare the night before:

    *As Kasey already mentioned, toast with almond butter or peanut butter. I would also suggest grabbing a string cheese or two to up the protein.

    *cereal w/ almond milk

    *also, don't forget, for any meal you can heat up leftovers.

    Snacks to have with you while you're out. Some of these you can keep in your car for emergency situations:

    *string cheese

    *boiled and already peeled egg

    *celery with peanut butter or cream cheese

    *low carb multigrain chips/crackers

    *nuts/seeds (keep a couple of pre-measured bags in your glove compartment)

    *Think Thin Bites (keep a box in your glove compartment)

    Also, when you're out and about, you almost always can find a grocery store that has prepared salads or a salad bar at their food court. Go to the store and grab yourself a healthy salad and/or some low carb sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan:

    Just discovered your blog. I had seen you post on Jorge's website. I smiled when I scrolled down and saw your photo and I recognized you from facebook. You look really good. I hope I don't offend you when I say you look decades younger now than your before photo. A true testament that this is working for you. I am a BFC devotee, but have fallen back into some bad habits...mostly carbs and gained the ten pounds I lost back. I never had the losses that I hear you and Amber write about ( I love her blog too), but I think I may never had the initial dedication that you both had. I am picking myself up and starting fresh today. I am feeling like I should have started that new Fast Track program. I had paid for the last one, and wasn't overly thrilled, so I decided to continue on my own. I hear you can still sign up late, and get all the materials in PDF format. Maybe I will. In the meantime, I am going to look to the "pros" like you and Amber who had successfully lost weight, for motivation and ideas. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete