About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Friday, January 7, 2011

FITNESS GOAL FOR 2011

Okay everyone, you heard it here first and I am now accountable since I am revealing it publicly.  Rather than just continuing to say "I need to exercise more", I am setting a fitness goal for myself this year. I am committing myself to run a half-marathon in October!!! 

It's the Evansville (IN) Half-Marathon and I am very excited about my decision. I walked it in 2005, the year I turned 40, and swore I wouldn't participate again until I could run it. Well, 2011 is going to be that year. I was very proud of my accomplishment at the time, but walking 13.1 miles took me almost 4 hours!!!!!!!! Even though the course is great and really takes you through some beautiful areas of Evansville, walking for 4 hours gets VERRRRRRY boring! We no longer live in the Evansville area, so it will also be nice to be able to go back and participate in this and perhaps see some old friends.

Just as in having a weight loss goal helps to keep me on track with healthy eating habits, I am hoping that having a fitness goal will keep me exercising everyday. I will start by walking everyday, and working my way up to jogging as I continue to lose more weight. In May, I will seriously begin training for the half-marathon itself.

Amber, thanks for the inspiration!!! Who knows......maybe the year I turn 50 (2015) I can run a full marathon or participate in a triathlon!

6 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!! You CAN do ANYTHING you set your mind to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to run in a marathon too but being over weight made me feel like that would never be a possibility but who knows now! Congrats on such a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be happy just to run in a 10k again. Great dream, and congrats on your weight loss & goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your decision! I'm getting ready to walk my 2nd 1/2 marathon this Sunday and plan to run my first one in October too! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Great goal. I used to love to run, but gave it up for walking. If I get some of this weight off, I may take it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have you been Susan?! We all miss you on the blogs...

    ReplyDelete