About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

third time's a charm......

Well, I'm on a roll.......new blog posts three days in a row!  Thanks, Amber :-) I was organizing the pictures on my computer and found some of food that I took a few months ago.
This first pic is a a mixture of red and green cabbage that I sauteed in some olive oil and seasoned with sea salt and ground black pepper. It was very tasty, but the only mistake I made was using my cast iron skillet. It darkened the cabbage too much.

This next picture is a medley of brussel sprouts, acorn squash and butternut squash. I drizzled some olive oil and seasoned with roasted garlic and sea salt blend. I roasted in the oven. It was also tasty, especially the squash; however, my favorite way to cook the brussel sprouts is in sauteed in some butter. YUMMO!


3 comments:

  1. HI Susan, its great to see you blogging again.
    I do love me some veggies. :-)
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont care for brussel spouts but I will never forget the post you had about them a while back w/ the rubing your leg as a child to choke them down. That post was downright laugh out loud funny to read! You did peak my interest on trying them but still havent gotten the gumption up to buy some. Not a big veggie fan here but I am trying....
    It is wonderful to have you back again! Keep on keepin on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan I am glad to see you around. I am like sherri I still cant eat brussel sprouts no matter how I have cooked them. The pictures look great though.

    ReplyDelete