About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Thursday, November 11, 2010

a little star struck......

Good afternoon everyone! It is a gorgeous Thursday here in south central Illinois.....mid-70's!  I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day.

Today, my thoughts are specifically with all those brave and courageous Americans who have ever served our country to protect our safety and freedom. Those especially close to my heart are my father and father-in-law, and  my high school friends Keith and Bill. Also, my other friends, Sherri, Chuck, Terri whose children are currently serving as well as my cousin Amy, her husband is active military. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices your family is making for our country.

I've been adding my favorite blogs as I find them on the right side of my own blog. I also wanted to share two websites that I've recently discovered that focus on healthy eating and living.  The first is called "do it Delicious".  It can be found here: http://doitdelicious.com/ This is Jessica Seinfeld's website. Jessica is the absolutely adorable and charming wife of Jerry Seinfeld. She just released her second cookbook, Double Delicious! Her website is alot of fun and also includes homemade videos that Jessica made to teach her friend, Ally how to cook. She is in the process of making other demo videos and I can't wait for them to be posted. They are fun to watch and Jessica makes cooking healthy look effortless. Seriously, she needs her own show!!!! I am also a tad jealous of her gourmet kitchen....check out all the features when watching her videos :-) and keep your eyes open for my favorite comedian!

The second website is called GOOP. It is Gwyneth Paltrow's "blog". She does her blog in a email newsletter style, but you can go back and read previous newsletters here http://goop.com/.  She blogs about healthy eating and good living in general. Oh my goodness, who doesn't love GP???!!! Men love her, women want to be her ;-)  She is sooooo incredibly talented.  I didn't see her perform on the CMA awards last night, but watched the video on youtube today. Check it out if you have a chance.

Thanks to my BFC friend, Amber who shared the GOOP blog about sugar addiction recently on her own blog. I immediately signed up to receive GOOP and that is how I discovered Jessica's website. What in the world did we do before the internet?????!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you mentioned all the veterans that our doing service for our country....We should be so proud of them! Also thanks for sharing those blogs you found...I will check them out. I read the one on Amber blog to (GOOP) and will give that a read since I had a big addiction to sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post today. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete