About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Friday, November 19, 2010

Week Thirteen Summary/Weight Loss = 0.8

Hello everyone - Sorry for the lateness of my weekly Tuesday weigh-in post.....my weight loss was .8 pounds.....not as good as I expected, but I am now down to 209.4 a total weight loss of a full 29 pounds!!!  I was hoping to be able to say "I've lost 30 pounds"......hopefully next week!

I am having so much fun trying out new vegetables that I've not eaten very much before. First, it was the Brussels sprouts. I made the delicious salad, then a couple of nights later I sauteed them in some olive oil and other seasonings.......ohmygoodness!!! We'll be having Brussels sprouts at least once a week now.

Another thing I tried this week was to work in avocado in as much as possible. It's actually a fruit, and it's very high in fiber. I ate it three ways this week. First, I cut some up and put it in my scrambled eggs with some goat cheese....holy cow, it was scrumptious. I also mashed some up and spread it in a tortilla. I also added a little bean dip, cheese, and some greens. Very, very, very good!  I also sliced up some avocado and put it in salads that I ate.

Next week's vegetable will be butternut squash! Let me know how you cook it!!!  I'd also like to hear how everyone else eats their avocados and Brussels sprouts.

Thanksgiving is come up next week, but I'm not too worried. I love how breaking my sugar addiction has also given me back my will-power and self-control. I plan on loading up on turkey and veggies. If I feel the need to eat any potatoes or pumpkin pie, I know I will be satisfied with just one bite.

Have a great weekend everyone! Constant Vigilance!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, I also love brussel sprouts and avocados. I usually eat brussel sprouts with just some butter and salt. I eat avocados in all the ways you mentioned. I eat them every day if I have one. The squash - maybe you could just half it, take out the seeds, put some butter and salt and pepper on top and bake. Be careful! 1 cup has 3 sugars and 17 carbs.

    You have a great weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Great job on your weight loss. You will be at 30lbs in no time. I am still thinking about trying those brussel sprouts....still a little scared. I eat avocados similar to you but never have tried them on my eggs. I bought some squash already cut up so all I had to do was put it in the microwave and added a little butter and cinnamon and joseph sf syrup yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Susan! 29 lbs. is wonderful!!!

    Diana, don't be afraid of the brussels sprouts. :) They are so good cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil or butter, and sprinkled with some salt and pepper. When I make them, I cut them in half first so that they cook through faster/better. I cook them until slightly browned, which is also a benefit of cutting them in half; more of the surface area gets that yummy browning flavor. If necessary, I'll put about 1 Tbs. of water to finish steaming them if they are not all the way cooked yet. Season and enjoy. Sooo yummy! I think you'll be surprised at how good they are when cooked like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susan!! Well now, arent you just the Veggie Girl these days!? Bravo to you my frined for stepping out of your comfort zone to try so many different things. It took me 30+ yrs to eat cauliflower & just about that long to like broccoli. I dont eat them ever day but I can get em down now without too much fuss. Still dont like beets...YUCK!! Now thats one I would have to rub my leg on to choke it down and I would have to chase every bit with a big gulp of something. OMG...YUCK!! My mother went on this diet when I was young that was the "beets & ice cream diet" & I joined her on it. I dont think I lasted 3 days & I am 44 now & still have nightmarish flashbacks of the beets!! lol. Congrats on your loss too!! Every oz counts! I am refocused & ready to take on this new week, including Thanksgiving! It will be allll good!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Love & Belief!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan...you're almost there, great job!!! I too, love brussel sprouts, i've just roasted them in the oven but i'm going to try them in the skillet though, sounds really good. Doesn't real butter make everything taste better!!! Sherri, good thing you don't like beets, because they have a lot of sugar!!

    ReplyDelete