About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week Eleven Summary/Weight Loss = 1.4

Greetings everyone, I was pleased to see a 1.4 weight loss on the scale this week to bring my total weight loss to 27.2 pounds!  Woohoo! I've started saying I've lost "almost 30 pounds" and I can't wait to make that number official!!  I made it through Halloween without any treats......I bought all the candy that I don't like, Skittles, Starbust, gummy "body parts", etc. Also, my kids are too old to trick or treat, so I wasn't tempted by them bringing anything home! 

I did give up the nightly red wine.....I just find it too difficult to drink only one glass :-p.  I've also gone back to weighing myself everyday. I had stopped daily weigh-ins, but I found I tended to flounder a bit more when I didn't know what my daily weight was. I haven't been cheating or over-eating, but without the morning weigh-in, I tended to feel lost and not motivated to be active.  I would love to see my weight drop under 210 pounds next week!!

I am watching Dr Oz right now and it's a great episode about secrets the food industry doesn't want you to know......mainly the amount of HIDDEN SUGAR in our foods, especially the foods that claim to be "healthy" for us. Don't let "heart healthy" labels, or vitamin enhanced products, etc trick you into thinking it's okay for you. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check your food label for sugar content.  Very interesting information......but I sure could have lived without knowing how much insects, maggots, and rodent hair and feces are allowable by FDA standards! LOL!

I voted, then went to give blood. The nurse laughed when I was able to tell her EXACTLY what my weight was. But, then I told her how much weight I've lost in the past couple of months.....needless to say, she wrote down the title of the book and is going to look for it today! 

Another friend of mine started the BFC last week. I got a message from her this morning.....she lost 6 pounds!!!!  And she said it was fairly easy...no sugar withdrawal symptoms! Weigh to go, Shelly!

I'm headed to St Louis this weekend to see John Mellencamp with a friend and plan on doing some shopping. I do want to hit a Barnes and Noble. I would like to pick up a copy of "The F Factor Diet". A fellow BFC'er recommended this book as a resource in getting more fiber in your diet. I am also going to look for a cookbook that has some low-sugar recipes, or at least a cookbook that lists nutritional information for each recipe.

Have a great week everyone, CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

7 comments:

  1. first of all - have fun this weekend! Great job on the loss this past week. just keep it up and I know you will reach your goal this next week! I do agree that its best to weigh in every day so we know where we are.
    And Oh - yeah - I am glad I missed that episode. Blach! Take a bow on the no-candy. I know it was hard! Take Care:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!! Congrats on your fantastic loss!!!! Gish...I am just so darned inspired by you ladies! Thanks for your blog. I was telling Rosalie last night...I am going to make a blog. Just need to get the gumption up to do it...and post pictures and tell my weight to the world. I have always been private about that number on the scale. I had surgery in Jan & asked to write my number down instead of saying it outloud within earshot of my husband who might I add has never had aweight problem & weighs about 30# less than I do. Im getting there. Keep up the good work and post as much as possible!! I love to read everybodys successes, ideas, etc. I too would LOVE to see a BFC cookbook! Gonna try Rosalies brownies. she said they are amazing!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only check the sugar content but the ingredients! There's been labels that say 0 sugar and i check the ingredients and there's some kind of sneaky sugar in there! I have a great recipe book for you gals to check out. It's called "SIX Ingredients or Less by Carlean Johnson, Low-Carb Cooking. It shows everything you need to know about the nutritional facts. She hightlights net carbs but I just look at the s/c value. Anything with Splenda i substitute for xylitol or any other legal substitute. It's an awesome cookbook, i use it all the time! George Stella has some good cookbooks also, his website is stellastyle.com. lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com is a good one, no nutritional facts though.
    Great job Susan on the weight lost! What a great reward for yourself to see John Mellencamp! Oh my gosh he's my all time favorite, especially in concert, i've followed him since i was in my teens!! I live in the midwest and have been to almost every concert in the surrounding area. Have a great time, he always puts on an awesome concert and i still think he's pretty HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone for your support! sherri, you should so start a blog! it's another great incentive to keeping on track. lisa, i will look for those cookbooks, thanks! i can't even count the number of times i've seen JC in concert since i was high school, ALOT! any chance I could! I've seen him in concert in Illlinois, Indiana, Michigan and Missouri!!! I've seen him more than all the concerts i've been too combined!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, great job on the weight loss, especially during Halloween, that's awesome! Sherri you should definitely do a blog. I'm hoping mine will keep me accountable.

    Lisa thanks for the cookbook ideas. None of mine are low-carb. Anyone have any favorites from the BFC book? Tonight I'm planning to bake a spaghetti squash, then throw in some pesto & a little chicken. I have no idea if I'll like the squash?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Susan great job on the weight loss. And it is so great when you talk to people about it they want to go out and buy his book. Let me know what you the of the T factor. I know i could use a little more in my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan,

    Thanks for following my blog. Great job on your weightloss!!! I love watching Dr. Oz. I try to catch his show as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete