About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week Ten Summary/Weight Loss = 0.0

So bummed to report no weight loss this week, though I am still holding steady at 212.6, so I am happy to at least report no gain!! This is only the second time in 10 weeks I've had no loss. The first time was in week two.  I'll have to go back and look at that week and compare.

Well, what happened???  I was so excited to be at home for the weekend, no traveling, and getting back on track with my fiber intake. Silly me to think that just because we weren't out of town, didn't mean we wouldn't be at home! And where as the month of October gone anyway???

Some of the culprits this week......I've been getting a little carried away with the red wine in the evening ;-). A couple of nights I drank 3 glasses rather than the allowed 2 glasses. On Friday night.....I drank the whole bottle...not good!  Sunday was a full day of activities with the kids....a breakfast fundraiser for my son's class Space Camp trip. I tried to load up on the eggs, but did try one pancake and one biscuit with some sausage gravy......it was sooooo good.  I didn't try counting the carbs in that breakfast, as I'm sure it was way over my quota for the whole day. Later in the day, we had a pizza party for our other son's baseball team. Thank goodness they didn't order a pizza with "everything" or I would have found it hard to contain myself. As it was, I only had a small square of the pepperoni pizza. 

But the thing that was missing this weekend.......very little green vegetables!! What a difference that makes :-)

So, lesson learned......I can't do good all week but stop tracking in the weekends. Even though I didn't "overeat" this weekend, I didn't eat all the "right" foods at every meal.  My strategy for this week - first, I am going to hold off on having any red wine after dinner, only one glass with dinner.  Second, I will have a dinner plan for the weekend, instead of winging it. Third, making sure I get enough water everyday. Fourth, Halloween is this weekend - for the trick-or-treaters, I am stocking up candy that I know I won't eat......those nasty looking gummy "body parts" and really anything that IS NOT chocolate.

I would also like to welcome a friend, S, to the BFC way of life!!  She is starting today!  Here's to you, S, and hope you enjoy great success with the Belly Fat Cure.   Have a great week everyone :-)

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!

3 comments:

  1. It is always great to have someone else to join the BFC's way of life. So when we are in a tough spot or just need a little extra support. I think that little extra bit of wine may have been the culprit....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way of eating is not forgiving, it's all or nothing. I think everytime you fill your cells with the wrong sugar, it will take time to get that sugar out again, so think of your cells when you want to cheat! That's what i do anyway...it's ok though, we're only human and the weekend is hard. I've had weeks where i haven't lost and sometimes gained, and haven't cheated, so it's just different for everyone. At least we know what we did wrong and can change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    I know its hard sometimes on the BFC, but if you fully commit with your mind, you can do it!!
    the wine is ok, and I know he says you can have 2 glasses a day, but I never do that! I save it for once in a while. Remember Alcohol does have calories also.
    The pizza, I saw Jorge post one time how he ate pizza. He just ate everything off the top and left the crust. You can do that next time and pretend you are eating it all. :-)
    I'm going to post your blog address on my blog. We all need all the support we can get.
    Keep going! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete