About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nothing Is Impossible!

I've attached some pictures I took yesterday to record my 25 pound weight loss!  I found some Adidas workout clothes on sale........they are both "only" size XL.  Other than the size 16 jeans I bought recently, these are the first clothes I've bought in a few years that aren't from the women's dept (I was up to 2X at my heaviest with some items!).

I hate taking these kind of pictures......they remind me of mug shots.  I guess I'll enjoy the pics more in about 50 pounds ;-) A couple of things of note:  the inner tube around my waist is so much smaller than it was. When I started the BFC my belly was sticking out further than my boobs (not a good look unless you are pregnant). Second, my shirt is tucked in!!!!  Third, the shirt says "Nothing Is Impossible".......my new motto! It's only been 9 weeks, and because I used to be sooooooo completely hooked on sugar, I can't believe how free from food and sugar I am now .....for the first time in my life :-) I truly feel that anything is possible, including a 100 pounds weight loss!

It feels great to be back on track this week (and know that I'm not going anywhere for at least the next couple of weekends!) I've been able to get 30 grams of fiber each day this week so far. These are my secret get-enough-daily-fiber foods:

Uncle Sam cereal
Thomas Triple Health english muffins
LaTortilla Factory tortillas
Flat Out Bread wraps
Fiber One cottage cheese
Benefiber at least 1-2 times per day in my tea
Flax seeds at least 1 TBSP as a topping on my salad

Now that I'm caught up with the weekly weigh-in summaries, I hope to be able to blog about other things that have helped me be successful as well as the positive changes that are happening in our home :-)

NAMASTE!



3 comments:

  1. Wow great job on the weight loss. It really does feel great to lose and to be able to get into smaller clothes. I cant wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow susan! you look great! congratulations:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!!! And you GET it!!!! This way of life has saved my life and you are on your way. The freeing part is not having to search for another diet EVER again. Glad you're on board....Happy Eating...

    ReplyDelete