About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Monday, October 18, 2010

Week Eight Summary/Weight Loss = 1.8

Another week, another weekend away from home, another small loss :-). As of October 12th, I was down another 1.8 pounds for a total weight loss of 23.6. The weekends away from home are starting to catch up, but I am still thankful I am losing overall. My sister and I took our five kids on a long weekend road trip to Michigan for a trip down Memory Lane. Lately, they've been interested in hearing more about our childhood and where we grew up. It was great weekend, spending time with my sister and all our kids as well as visiting with a couple of old friends.

It was evident early on in the planning of the trip that many of the places my sister and I wanted to visit for the memories were restaurants we remembered! I drank my first soda in eight weeks when we stopped at a drive-in restaurant and I just couldn't pass up their homemade root beer in a frosty mug. That night we ate dinner at a Big Boy, another childhood favorite. I stuck with a grilled chicken salad and iced tea. The breakfast at our hotel offered hard boiled eggs on Saturday morning and I was glad to be able to fill up on the protein. For lunch we stopped at a diner at a local orchard market. I had a salad for lunch because I knew dinner was going to be harder at the Chinese restaurant we were going to that night!

China Star was my first experience with Chinese food and the standard by which I hold all other Chinese restaurants to ;-).  The restaurant and the food was EXACTLY how I remembered, due in a big part I am sure in still having the same owner! We even had a nice chat with her :-)  Let me just tell you, I didn't even try to resist the eggrolls and the plum sauce they serve with them. The best thing about their egg rolls is that they are made with bean sprouts rather than cabbage like most egg rolls. I am not sure I've ever run across another restaurant that make them with bean sprouts. With a little plum sauce to dip them in, they are to die for!!!!

Lunch on Sunday was at an old friend's, she grilled burgers for us, which I ate without a bun. We met some other friends for dinner that night, some delicious Detroit style pizza....thick, chewy crust and heavy on the sauce. I didn't even try to track my S/C values :-). The next day was our drive home. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch, I had my favorite grilled chicken tenderloins but overdid it on the carbs by having a baked potato AND some hashbrown casserole.

All in all, after that feeding extravaganza, I was happy with the 1.8 pound weight loss but ready to get back into the BFC routine.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you ate all that stuff and still lost, how great is that. I'm just scared to death i'm going to gain if i do that! At least you know to get back on track again...good for you!!! I noticed in one of your post you felt free, i also feel that with this way of life, i was a binger and it really is freeing not to have that behavior anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Lisa! I wouldn't say I was a binger, but I was a "hider". I wouldn't eat the junk stuff in front of anyone, hide wrappers in the garbage, etc. I am not ashamed anymore of anything that I put in my mouth :-)

    ReplyDelete