About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Monday, October 18, 2010

Week Five Summary/Weight Loss = 2.6

Another week, another loss!  Down 2.6 pounds this week and another 1/2 inch on my waist. As of 9/21, my weight loss was a total of 16.8 pounds and 4 inches on my waist. By week 5 I had settled into a routine that was apparently working for me. Breakfast usually consists of a serving of Uncle Sam cereal with 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (USAM), a hard boiled egg, a couple of slices of bacon with a cup of hot tea. Mid-morning snack of string cheese. Lunch is a sandwich of some kind - either on flax seed bread, in a pita or on a tortilla with a small salad on the side or some kind of green veggie. Mid-afternoon snack is usually a serving of cocoa-roasted almonds. Dinner is usually a grilled chicken salad with oil/vinegar instead of dressing. I also discovered Fiber One cottage cheese. It's a good source of calcium as well as fiber. Throughout the day I drink water, iced green tea, hot tea, Vitamin Water Zero "Squeezed" flavor. If I've got any sugar/carbs left at the end of the day, I treat myself to some dark chocolate and a glass of red wine.

I know for some people the routine may seem boring, but for the first time EVER in my life, I find that I am eating strictly for nutritional reasons and not for pleasure, for emotions or out of boredom. I can't even describe in words how FREEING that feeling is. How about you?  When/why do you find yourself eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment