About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's more than just NUMBERS

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. It's a beautiful fall day here and the sun is just starting to peek out for the day, so I am going to make this short and sweet!

I know for many of us when losing weight that it's all about the numbers.......numbers on our scale, the size of our clothes, the days on the calendar, our sugar/carb values, our fiber intake, calories consumed, blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels......it goes on and on! True, I admit I am a numbers gal :-) I like to track and predict and count, sometimes I get too caught up in the numbers. So today I will share a little about how my life has changed without using numbers :-)

MORE ENERGY  The first week I started the BFC, I did have some headaches from the caffeine/sugar withdrawal but that was quickly overshadowed after a couple of days by how much ENERGY I had!  After getting the kids off to school, I was able to walk the dog and do several hours of chores around the house without even thinking about sitting down and turning on the tv. Most days I will also make a quick trip to the gym in the afternoon for 20-30 minutes on the bike for some cardio.

WAKE UP EASIER  I used to DRAAAAAAAAG myself out of bed in the mornings and then stumble around the house getting breakfast for my family and getting them off to school/work. Most days now I am up before my alarm goes off and I wake up alert. I am actually cooking breakfast for the boys as opposed to slinging some cereal in a bowl. I have the time (and energy) to get some chores done around the house while everyone is showering/getting ready.

BETTER SLEEP  I am sleeping much better than I did. Before, I would toss and turn, wakeup several times, be uncomfortable from whatever position I was in. Now, when I wake up, I literally feel like I've "slept like a log".

LESS STIFFNESS/ACHINESS  Also, when coming down the stairs for the first time in the morning, my ankles would be so stiff that I would have to take the stairs one at a time. The stiffness in my ankles is gone and while I'm no ballerina, I do feel much "lighter" on my feet ;-) In general, I feel less achy and stiff all the time.

HAPPIER  I have much fewer mood swings......I am quicker to laugh, slower to upset. I've always been a happy, positive person but now I feel myself becoming the funny, social girl I used to be.......you remember that don't you???? How we felt before we had a care in the world??!! 

IMMUNITY  I had a head cold a few weeks ago. While it was a fairly intense cold, it only lasted a couple of days rather than a week.

AWARE  I've also noticed that I am motivated to educate myself more on all aspects of my health and fitness. I used be overwhelmed thinking about all the health risks and everything we should be doing to take care of ourselves. I am not sticking my head in the sand anymore and find any information I can find helpful and informative.

FAMILY  The changes in my family members are another benefit. My husband and boys can see the difference in me, on the outside as well as the inside, and have been extremely supportive. The boys complain less about the food I prepare and they are making healthier choices for themselves when choosing a snack. We talk more about healthy options and there is definitely more outside activity than video game activity.

So success is more than just numbers, it's about how you feel! I love that I've been able to stick with the Belly Fat Cure and make a positive lifestyle change for myself and my family. I love that I am still going strong and not ready to give up or cheat, even though I have a long road ahead of me. I am truly enjoying the journey. Find what works for you and stick with it, you will be amazed at how even a small change can make you feel much better.

NAMASTE :-)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great blog and oh how true it is. I have noticed much of the same things since I have started the BFC journey. The numbers are great but the over all feeling of health and well being really does make you stop and be thankful. Dchesney65.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Susan, it's just way more than numbers like never ever before!! I think the biggest thing everyone has noticed in me is the happiness too. I was really at my wits end when i started this in February, i don't know what i would've done if this wasn't going to work.

    ReplyDelete