About Me :-)

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a 45 year old woman, mom to two active pre-teen/teen boys and wife to one "skinny" husband ;-). I am blogging my progress on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure. I began on August 17th, 2010. To date, I've lost almost 35 pounds and 5 inches on my waist. The Belly Fat Cure has changed my life and I wanted to share my story with everyone. I am a "former" soda/sugar addict; and Jorge has changed the way I view sugar and food, FOREVER!! My whole family has started eating healthier and even the kids like all the new veggies we now try at dinner. This has changed my life and I hope it will change yours as well :-)



Monday, October 18, 2010

Week Four Summary/Weight Loss = 2.4

My week four weigh-in was still promising with a weight loss for the week of 2.4 pounds and another 1/2 inch on my waist. My total weight loss was now 14.2 pounds and 3 1/2 inches on my waist. Despite the consistent weight loss, I felt like I could be doing better. I had discovered Jorge's videos on YouTube and they are full of more great information and motivation. If you have watched any of Jorge's videos, you know he talks alot about "False" belly fat......also known as "trapped waste matter".  Without going into detail about my bathroom activity ;-),  I realized I wasn't getting anough fiber.....the recommended 25-30 grams per day. Up to this point, I had "tracked" my s/c intake, but I wasn't writing anything down.

Starting on 9/6, I started a small food journal.  I write down everything I have for meals/snacks. I track sugar/carb values as well as fiber counts. Out of curiousity, I also tracked my total calories and fat grams for the first couple of weeks. I was happy to know that my caloric intake and calories from fat were within the recommended daily allowances.

This also marked the beginning of challenging myself to finding food with the highest fiber count possible. Previously I was only look at sugar/carb counts. My favorite fiber sources include Uncle Sam cereal, Thomas "Triple Health" english muffins, and LaTortilla Factory tortillas.  I also started drinking Jorge's "Belly Fat Cure Drink" that is on page 101 of the BFC book on days when I felt I wasn't getting the required fiber.  I won't go into details......but I defintely noticed a change in the bathroom...not only the frequency, but the "content".  Dr. Oz would be proud ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Good for you being on the BFC!! And your success has been awesome. I started this way in February and am still going strong, I started at 208 and am now 168. I've lost more inches than anything, it's just a different kind of weight loss than ever before and i think the results we get keep us going! I haven't cheated once knowing what i can eat and not what i can't. I love to eat and this plan is just a no brainer. Don't ever give up!! Oh, and i'll be 46 in 2 weeks so yes i needed this plan to save my life and it has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thanks so much for your comments! I am new to the blogging thing and learning my way around Google Friend Connect as well. Do you have your own blog? Sounds like we are at the same place in life! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say great job on the weight loss so far. I have been on his program a little over 2 months and really love it. Glad to have found another BFC blogger. Mine is at dchesney65.blogspot.com if you would like to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is google friend connect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't really know what google friend connect, it's what shows on my page for "following" people :-). i am lost!

    ReplyDelete